Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sleep Oh sleep, wherefore art though?

Who was I kidding when I thought the teething pain was gone. Daniel is actually sleeping a bit more than when we first got him. During the night he sleeps 2-3 hours at a time and then it's not hard to put him back to sleep. I always wondered what mothers did all day long - now I know. It's hard work keeping your baby entertained and happy while washing bottles, getting formula ready, changing diapers etc. I have to admit we've already resorted to using the TV as a distraction but only for a little while. The dryer works well too. He doesn't like to sit still for too long unless there's a lot of visual things to see. Don't get me wrong though he is a joy to be with. His smile just melts your heart and when he looks at you with those beautiful eyes I ask myself how did I get so lucky.
A little afternoon nap
The food court at Diamond Plaza. We ordered Daniel a big plate of spring rolls. One thing that impressed me was they didn't use a lot plastic dishes and plates.


This morning we met two other families staying at the hotel that aer adopting and also beautiful Meg. Right now I think there are 7 or so families here in HCMC from TDH. Loan - the TDH representivie here is very busy.

Mobile basket vendor on the street.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well. Daniel is adorable. Keep the pics coming.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to be able keep up with Daniel's and your progress. Today we went to Rona to buy some wood for the door downstairs. I was going to work a bit in the garden, however it started raining. We also called Sheila and Norm but they weren't home. I am certain they will call back.
    Maggie snuggles up to dad between the odd scratches. Tax is his sweet old self.

    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that he doesn't sleep through the night now, because when you get back to Canada that will be daytime!

    ReplyDelete