Thursday, June 11, 2009

Time flies

The days are flying by and everyday there are little changes in Daniel. He's sleeping much better now and even taking some naps. As well, he doesn't need to be constantly held. I think it's because he's becoming a but more used to everything and a bit more relaxed. Yesterday he almost lifted up on all fours. I'm sure he'll be crawling very soon. He also does this nodding thing when you sing to him - kind of like a little head bop.
An eating action shot

Today we went to the Jade Emperor Pagoda. It was quite spectacular. It's a Buddhist and Taoist temple built by the Chinese. There were incense sticks burning at every alter and also offerings of fruit and flowers. People would come in and light the incense sticks at the alter of their choice and hold them in front of their foreheads in a prayer for a few minutes and then stick them in the containers with the rest of the burning sticks. It is an incredibly ornate temple but unfortunately the symbolism of everything was completely lost on me. It was just really neat and smelled good.
Jade Emperor Pagoda
An alter.
The main alter (I think)
ornate wood carving

For dinner we ordered delivery from Chez Guido's on Leslie's suggestion. At first when I saw they had 250 items I wondered how good could this be but I must say it was delicious. I ordered a hot and sour soup which rivalled that of Tangerine's and a Hawaiian Pizza - wood burning thin crust (still getting cravings even though the SAP project is over) Dave ordered a curry fish and fried vegetables with pesto - all for about $15, including delivery and tip) It probably sounds gross but it was really good. www.chezguido.com If you check out the menu $1 = 18000 dong

Looks like we may be leaving here on Saturday. It's not hard to get used to this lifestyle of lounging with baby, eating and shopping so I'm a bit sad about it but I guess the sooner we get him home the better.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are settling in nicely with Daniel. You still have a couple of more days to relax and enjoy before coming back. So do just that...relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We also adopted from Tra Vinh one month ago. When we went on April 29th, we made a video and I believe I have one picture and a short film of your son. He is truly cute and alert! If you wish, I could send you these in the next few weeks. you can e-mail me at maelle.dilenge@gmail.com.

    Marie-Emmanuelle, Jeff and Noah Thai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I got the crib bumpers. They will be delivered, hopefully tomorrow. It was not as straight forward as we thought it would be. I called for 2 hours around in TO. Details later. We were planning to go back for a few days to London, however, if you arrive here on Sunday w'll stay. Everything else is fine, including the cats. We met some of your neighbours and Maddy 11 month old, nr. 70 just across from your house. Sheila called us today and she gave me the uptodate info of Daniel. So, please let us know asap when your return flight is confirmed. Thanks

    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel,

    Glad to hear you are taking naps now and then. Make sure your Mommy and Daddy do the same when they get a chance. We are looking forward to seeing you. I can't believe You will be coming this Sunday already. We can't wait. We printed some of your pictures for Bubby and Zaida. They're Great.
    See You soon....
    P.S. Say hi to Mommy and Daddy for us.
    Love, Zach, Maya, Auntie Elana and Uncle Richie

    ReplyDelete